At the Institute, much of our work focuses on domestic violence as it affects Asian and Pacific Islander families and communities, engaging with direct service agencies to understand and address the unique dynamics created by race, culture, history, socio-economic status, and religion. At the same, we recognize that these identities are the very things that have been used throughout history to divide and oppress. That’s why we are so thankful to be in solidarity with amazing partners and allies, within API communities and without, who not only inspire our work, but make this movement feel like home. We want to take this moment to appreciate all of you moving in solidarity with us towards a world free of gender violence.
Highlights newsletters are sent around the beginning of each month. Sign up for emails to receive them in your inbox!
- September 2019: Center API Survivors in DV Awareness Month
- August 2019: Back to School Season
- July 2019: Directory Updates & Asian American Narratives
- June 2019: Honoring all Communities, All Survivors
- May 2019: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- April 2019: Resources for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- March 2019: Celebrating Women’s History Month
- February 2019: Lunar New Year
- January 2019: Human Trafficking Awareness Month
- 2018 Yearly Highlights
- November 2018: Safety for immigrant survivors & launch of Alliance for Immigrant Survivors
- October 2018: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- August 2018: API-GBV National Summit